Dr. Digital's Solutions
The solutions, guides and/or the different ways you can find the answers to your devices' problems/issues & options!
- Shipping your devices to our shop for repair BETA
- Sell your iPhone, iPad, or Android devices for cash today!
- Need a New Screen to Fix Your iPhone or iPad By Yourself?
- Devices FAQ, Suggestions and more!
- Dr. Digital Devices' Repair Guides
Sell Your Devices - Trade-in for Cash!
If you have an iPhone, an iPad, or certain Android devices that have been damaged, have a cracked screen, no touch, iCloud locked, is for parts only and/or you don't want it anymore - we can trade your device(s) for cash!
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, i11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6S Plus, 6S, SE, Apple Watch Series 5/4/3
- iPad Pro 12.9/11/10.5/9.7, iPad 7th/6th or 5th Gen, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 5/4/3
- Certain Android Devices (Google Pixel 3/3XL/4/4XL/3a/3a XL) - such as tablets and smartphones.
- Laptop, Notebook, Ultrabook, MacBook (2015 and up), iMac (2015 and up), Gaming PC (2015 and up)
- Xbox One S/X, PS4 Slim/Pro, Nintendo Switch
Need a New Screen for "Do It Yourself" Repair (DIY)?
If you would like to fix/repair an iPhone or iPad for less by fixing it yourself? We usually have all the new screens in stock for the iPhones and/or some of the iPad tocuhscreens, so you may purchase the new screens from our shop inventory! We can give you some quick repair tips and some start-up tools for your repair.
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / iPhone 11 new screen, iPhone XS Max new screen, iPhone XS new screen, iPhone XR new screen, iPhone 10 X new screen, iPhone SE 2020 new screen, iPhone 8 Plus 8+ new screen, iPhone 8 new screen, iPhone 7 Plus 7+ new screen, iPhone 7 new screen, iPhone 6S Plus 6S+ new screen, iPhone 6S new screen, iPhone 6 Plus 6+ new screen, iPhone 6 new screen, iPhone SE new screen, i5S new screen, i5C new screen
- iPad 7 (2019), iPad 6 (2018) and iPad Air 2 screen, iPad 2017 5th Gen touchscreen digitizer, iPad Air touchscreen digitizer, iPad 4 3 2, iPad Mini 4/3/2/1 touchscreen digitizer
Devices FAQ, Suggestions and more!
Unused/Abandoned/Forgotten/Outdated DevicesLithium-ion batteries (inside almost every small electronics and devices) degrade over time, particularly if they're drained to zero or left unused for long periods (like an old iPhone or tablet in a box/drower). So if you have devices/electronics or gadgets that you are not using, or don't need it anymore - sell it, donate it, or give it away to friends/family or people in need! Below are some suggested places you can use to get rid of your old/unused devices and electromics:
Dr. Digital's Repair Guides
YAMAHA RX-V473 (and other models) Receiver Repair Guide
PUBLISHED: 11/29/2016 by Dr. Digital - Fix All Digital
PROBLEM: Flashing red light when Power button pressed, no display, no output sound. Solution found!!!
Cause: The voltage in the power supply section is abnormal.
Supplementary information: The protection function worked due to a defect or overload in the power supply.
Turning on the power without correcting the abnormality will cause the protection function to work in 1 second and the power supply will be shut off.
When the protection function worked due to abnormal voltage in the power supply section:
- In this particular case the displayed fault was PS1_PRT: 000L
The CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM IS IN THE TRANSFORMER!
LOCATION: Secondary 6.2VAC winding (2x ORANGE Wires and 1x Black Wire).
The wire on this particular winding is Aluminum!? It is silver looking. (The rest of the windings wires are Copper wire.)
THE PROBLEM AREA IS THE SOLDER OVER THE TWISTED JOINT of the Orange and Black extensions and the Aluminum winding wire.
- Vertically cut through the outer Blue tape.
- Carefully remove the clear cote and the solder from the twisted joints (3 joints: 2x Orange wires, 1x Black wire).
- Use a pair of pliers to re-twist tightly the joints (DO NOT apply high force). Apply extra solder over the twisted joints.
- Apply isolation tape and restore the blue tape over the repaired area.
- Check resistance ~0.3 OHM between Orange wire and Black wire; ~0.6 OHM between the Orange wires.